BellaMoon Bamboo Swaddle
- Made of 100% natural bamboo
- Super soft and sustainable
- Helps your baby feel safe and secure
- Prevent self-wakening
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive baby skin and highly breathable
BellaMoon's buttery-soft bamboo swaddles are designed with love to wrap snugly around your baby. Swaddles are 100% natural knitted bamboo, soft to touch, yet perfectly stretchy to allow for movement of tiny hands and feet. Generously sized at 1.2metres x 1.2metres, these luxurious swaddles will grow with your baby, achieving a soothing, stay-put swaddle.
Why BellaMoon Bamboo Swaddles?
Better Sleep, Less Crying
Swaddling is the age-old practise of wrapping your baby up to help them feel safe and secure. Wrapping your baby in a BellaMoon Bamboo Swaddle is like wrapping them in a warm Mothers hug. The closeness of the soft fabric and the feeling of their little limbs being held snug, mimics the womb they were so used to for 9 months, helping your baby settle your baby with less crying for a much longer sleep.
The security of the swaddle helps prevent your baby from self-wakening by their own startle reflex. Little finger nails grow at such a rapid rate, preventing face-sratching is one of the many challenges of your new baby. Swaddling their little arms in place stops your baby from touching their face during their sleep, preventing another cause of self-waking.
Super Soft & Sustainable
BellaMoon's Bamboo Swaddle material is often described as having the 'ultra softness of cashmere and the sheen of silk'. It is naturally hypoallergenic for sensitive baby skin and highly breathible - the perfect material for swaddling babies. Not only are BellaMoon's swaddles super kind to babies skin, but they are also super kind to the environment. As a Mother, You want to help protect the world our kids will grow into. That's why they have consciously created BellaMoon's stretchy swaddles from bamboo - a highly sustainable crop that is fast growing and needs no fetiliser or chemicals. Bamboo has a positive environmental friendliness, a luxurious soft flowing drape feel and is one of the most renewable resources on planet Earth.
Swaddling is perfectly safe as long as you follow safe sleeping and safe and hip friendly swaddling guidance for babies. Current baby sleeping advice is to always lay your little one down to sleep on their back and avoid front or side positions for sleep, especially if your baby is swaddled. You should stop swaddling your baby when they show the first signs of rolling over.
For independent advice on how to safely swaddle you baby, visit the NCT website to read the seven safe and hip friendly swaddling tips.
How to swaddle
The traditional swaddling method is as follows:
- Spread the swaddle out flat, with one corner (the top) folded down (inwards)
- Lay the baby face-up on the blanket, with their head above the folded corner.
- Straighten the left arm, and wrap the left corner of the blanket over the body, tucking the blanket between the right arm and the right side of the body.
- Then tuck the right arm down and bring the bottom corner of the blanket up and over the body/right arm pulling the blanket snug behind the right side of the body.
- Finally, wrap the right corner of the blanket over your baby's body, until only a small bit of the blanket remains.Tuck any remaining blanket fabric behind the back.
The trick is to roll your baby gently from side to side as you tuck the blanket over and underneath their back. Make sure not to wrap your baby too tightly, allowing her hips to move somewhat freely. You should also never swaddle above the shoulders.